Manchester Craft Market Store Information and Contract
Jul 2021-Oct 2021 Contract Info
Jessica Moores email@example.com
The Manchester Craft Market is a 3,900sqft store located in the Dick’s Sporting Goods wing of the Mall of New Hampshire, in our very own storefront. The purpose of the Manchester Craft Market is to provide local makers a space in the Mall of NH to display, advertise, and sell their handmade items. Your digital signature on your application acknowledges that you have read ALL of the rules laid out below and agree to them.
Lease: “Regular Season” Leases are on a month-to-month basis through the end of October. Meaning your lease can be terminated by the Manchester Craft Market with 30 days’ notice. And tenants may vacate their space at the end of the month with notification prior to the 15th. No refund will be granted if tenant terminates the contract early or if tenant has already paid their invoice for the next month. The Manchester Craft Market also reserves the right to cancel or refund an invoice should a situation arise where we feel immediate termination of contract is necessary. A $20 late fee will be charged to all unpaid invoices after the 15th day. If you have not notified the Manchester Craft Market that you will be vacating your space at the end of the month prior to the 15th, it will be assumed that you are staying, and you will be expected to pay your invoice. When vacating, you are required to remove your items (from displays and the back storage room) prior to the end of the day on the last day of the month of your lease.
Sellers who do not sell at least 50% of the rental cost consistently for 3 months will be asked to vacate.
• February rent invoices will go out 1/1 and will be due by 1/15,
• March invoices will go out 2/1 and will be due by 2/15
• April invoices will go out 3/1 and will be due by 3/15
Items left for 30 days past your lease-end become store property.
In addition to your space rental cost, credit card fees are deducted from any sales paid via credit card at 3%. And The Manchester Craft Market will retain a commission of 5% of any sales over $200 in one consecutive month.
Your space rental fee includes membership to the Manchester NH Craft Market Online Facebook group. This group is an online extension of your space in the physical store, it allows you to share and explain your items with our customers as if you were in front of them. It also gives you the chance to solicit custom orders and preorders. Visit the FAQ section of this agreement for more info on using the online group, free instore pickup etc.
Tenants who do not sell at least 50% of the rental cost consistently for 3 months (in store) will be asked to relocate based on MCM suggestion or vacate.
Inventory is added to the store with the understanding that The Manchester Craft Market is not held liable for any loss, theft or breakage of items or displays.
Rules and Requirements:
• All sellers are required to provide a W9 form. This form is available from the IRS website (Google search W9 form) or in store. Any seller who receives $600 or more in payments during a calendar year will receive a 1099 form that reports their earnings to the IRS.
• No Copyrighted, knock-off or Trademarked items whatsoever. (ie: no characters, or sports team logos) Any violating items will be removed and a $25 charge will be assessed per item, after 2 chances your items will be returned to you and your lease terminated, with no refunds. (If you are unsure if an item will be allowed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of the item in question.)
• Your space must be returned in the condition it was received in. This includes all hardware being put away in its proper home, and the space being clean.
• You will only have your handmade items in your space. And only item types that you were juried for, all new items must have prior approval. NO SPACE SHARING UNLESS APPROVED!
• All vendors will be given a vendor ID # that is 3 digits long. Please know your vendor ID #. You will enter your inventory electronically (please see the Sample Inventory Form)
• Sellers are required to label all of their items prior to bringing them into the store, a laptop and label maker are available for your use in the backroom to print barcodes to place on your items for those who do not have access to a label maker. Avery labels also work great for generating barcodes. Tutorials are available in the MCM Vendors Facebook group.
As of October 1st 2021 ALL inventory must be barcoded.
Re-stocking: The Manchester Craft Market Staff will gladly restock your items. The restock items must be included on your emailed inventory spread-sheet and be in a tote with your name, VENDOR ID and business clearly legible. You should ALWAYS have additional stock in a tote in the back so that you do not miss out on sales between sales reports. During high volume times we do ask that you do your best to assist with restocking your space when you are able.
• Currently restocks may be done any time during store hours. The Manchester Craft Market reserves the right to adjust your display due to sell through, or to make it more visually appealing.
The Inventory system will only be updated on Friday mornings, meaning all inventory updates must be received by Thursday at 8pm. Send Inventory updates to email@example.com
You will be notified weekly of what has sold by Tuesday night each week. Plan your merchandise levels accordingly. It is absolutely possible that you sell out of an item on a Wednesday and will not get a sales report until the following Tuesday.
Payouts are made monthly, by the 15th of the month. (Sales made in January will be paid out by February 15th, sales made in February will be paid out by March 15th etc.)
Frequently Asked Questions
• Where and when do I go for restocking/load in?
During store hours, for the most convenient entrance, drive around the corner from Dave and Busters, park by Olympia Sports, use the employee entrance just to the right of Olympia Sports, follow the hall way to the end and through the doors, you’ll find us straight ahead. We do also have a back entrance when looking at Red Robin, turn to your left, there is a fenced in area with dumpsters. In the corner of that fenced in area there is a smaller fenced in area with a single door, enter this single door. You will find our door (marked with a sign) on your left. Join our MCM Vendors Facebook group to be notified of additional restock times when they are available.
• How Do I use the online shopping group?
Take good quality photos of your items, post them to the online shopping group with some information and pricing. (All sellers are permitted to post up to once per day). Once you have created a post, let your customers know they can claim the item for free instore pickup by tagging our “customer service rep” Admina Craftmarket and leaving their email address. (tagging Admina Craftmarket sends a notification to the front desk for our staff to pull an item and/or invoice a customer) If the item is already on the shelves at the MCM, Admina will pull it and set it aside for them. Having Admina send an invoice ensures the item is pre-paid and not sitting out back for an extended period of time. If the item is not yet in store, just bring it in the next time you restock and use our pickup labels out back to label the bag for the customer! Free in store pickup can also be used for local customers who pay you directly. No more meeting strangers in parking lots! If you receive a custom order through the online shopping group, you can use your special “open sale” code (your vendor # followed by 9999) so that customers can pay at pickup!
For us to send an invoice we need the customers name, email and the item’s sku # and price.
• Sellers are also able to use our Facebook page with over 10,000 followers to go live and share their items! A minimum notice of two weeks prior to the requested date is required. The MCM also sometimes goes live to help facilitate sales, these times, and the items shown are at the discretion of MCM.
Some great ideas for posts in the online shopping group may include Who? What? Where? Why? How? When? Who are you, or who is your item for? What is the item? Where are you from (customers love to support local, share where you are from if you are comfortable, also, where are you located in the store?) Who are your space neighbors? Why should customers buy your item? What makes it special or “better”? Also, why did you start making it? How is it made? How is it used? When did you start making it? When did you join MCM?
• Can I offer 2/$20 or other special pricing or sales?
Yes, while new inventory gets emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, sales and price changes get emailed to email@example.com please include the item description, sku, and the special pricing.
• Can I just give you a handwritten inventory list instead of entering it into the form?
The form that we have set up for inventory entry is easy enough for a child to use! With as many vendors as we have, some with hundreds of items, we cannot continue to key each of these items ourselves. The information below is vital and MUST be filled in correctly or your list will be returned to you. Any handwritten inventory sheets will be charged a $10 data entry charge.
Include: Item Name, SKU, Price, Quantity, New Item or Item Already in Inventory System
It is essential that each of these pieces of information is sent in and LABELED on each and every item you bring to the store. Going forward, you will not be allowed to set up your items until it is confirmed that inventory has been received and checked over.
• Where do I get the SKUs for my items? ?br>Your item SKU is made up of 2 things, your Vendor ID and a 3-4-digit item code. For example, if your Vendor ID is 110, your first item might be 110101, and your second 110102, etc. The remainder of the code you use is completely up to you. Please keep track of the numbers you assign to your items.
• Do you put the price tags on my items?
No, Sellers are required to label all of their items prior to bringing them into the store, a laptop and label maker are available for your use in the backroom to print barcodes to place on your items for those who do not have access to a label maker. Avery labels also work great for generating barcodes. Tutorials are available in the MCM Vendors Facebook group.
• Copyright restrictions: “I’ve done lots of craft fairs where I have sold items inspired by licensed characters. Why am I not allowed items with licensed characters, movies, TV shows or sports teams to be displayed at your store?”
There are many reasons that licensed items are not allowed in our store, however the biggest reason is that it is specifically forbidden in the lease with the mall. There are lots of stores in the mall paying large sums of money to have the right to sell those licensed items and the mall is protecting the interests of those parties by not allowing the sale of licensed/copyright items in our store.
• I’ve read that the First Sale Doctrine allows me to use fabrics, stickers, and other already-printed licensed items in items I sell. Why am I unable to sell those items in your store?
This is a very gray area. There is a lot of info on the internet about how the First Sale Doctrine allows you to make things with licensed items you purchase for that purpose (fabric, stickers, etc) to sell, some stating that you should include a disclaimer, etc. While this information may be valid in some circumstances, it is also disputed by some legal professionals and it is the position of The Manchester Craft Market that in order to stay within the confines of the contract with the mall, that those items should also be excluded to prevent any potential conflict with mall management.
• I came in to check on my display and some of my items have been rearranged. Can you tell me why that might be?
As stated in the contract, the owner reserves the right to rearrange merchandise as necessary to help facilitate the sale of your items, if they are impeding another vendor’s ability to use his or her space, or to rotate the floorplan.
• What do I do when my lease is up?
All items must be removed prior to close on the last day of the month. Please plan accordingly. Items left beyond the end of your lease term will become property of the store after 30 days.
• When will I be Paid?
Checks will go out by the 15th of the following month, PayPal payments may be available sooner.
• Can you roll my sales over to pay for the next month’s rent?
• How will I know if I sold anything?
Reports will be sent weekly by end of day on Tuesday to those who have sold items during the previous week.
• Are there any additional fees?
o There is a 3% credit card processing fee for credit card sales.
o The Manchester Craft Market will retain 5% of any sales over $200 in one consecutive month. (ex: Vendor sells $600 in October. $497 in credit card sales and $103 cash sales. For a total of $585.09 after credit card fees. 5% is taken from $385.09 as that is the amount sold over the $200 threshold. The vendor is now paid $565.84 and has paid the Manchester Craft Market A commission of $19.25)
o Any handwritten or printed inventory sheets will be charged a $10 data entry charge.
o Any items violating the no characters/no sports teams rule will be charged $25/item, after 2 violations, your lease will be terminated, and no refunds will be granted.
o Rent not paid by the 15th of the prior month will be assessed a $20 late charge.
• Other Info:
o Do not request photos of your space from MCM staff or Admina Craftmarket.
o Consult the contract above, and then the MCM Vendors Facebook page before emailing with questions.
o Snow days will be announced on all of our social media pages. We typically follow the Manchester School district for closings.
o Our annual anniversary of being in business, Christmas in July, and Black Friday/Small Business Saturday weekend we typically run optional events (sales) information will be emailed about these as they approach.